Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Even the sewing machine is vintage!

Like most of the patterns I have been making lately, even my sewing machine came from freecycle! I love freecycle!

In 2006, I was looking for a sewing machine to make curtains, and I posted on freecycle. This awesome woman gave me this beautiful sewing machine because she had two and didn't need it. She even had her husband drive it to my house because it didn't fit in my tiny car. Amazing!





As you can see, it is an old Singer set into its own table. It is beautiful, works perfectly, and it even came with all the original attachments, the owner's manual, the motor oil- everything you could ever need, except the foot for buttonholes, which I refuse to learn anyways.



(Look! The Pile of Shame!!!)

I looked up the serial number online, I think it was a 1956 or 57...

3 comments:

  1. How amazing that you were given this machine!

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old machines are fabulous. All metal parts etc. Fun idea that you are sewing retro on an old machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the exact same sewing machine! I love it because it so low tech! My husband offered to buy me a new one, but this little machine is all I need!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!