Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Black and White Sundress


Orange juice made using my awesome Silex Juice-it, in my cute mug from the estate sale. Oh, plus a little vodka; let's be real here, it's the weekend.

Tomorrow it will be sunnier, so I will take a picture of me wearing the dress. I am mostly happy with it. I made all the notes (changes on a post-it) I made from the first time I made it- too bad I stopped doing that. It's not like I can remember anything for more than 15 minutes! Lol! Next time however, I will make a facing for the bodice. I dislike the bias binding. I cut off the 5 inches Molly-from-last-summer suggested and it's still below my knee. That's probably because I lazied out and hemmed it on the machine. Pish posh!
I don't know about anyone else, but I am sick of sewing from patterns. I need a challenge! So, I have decided to draft myself a pattern for the perfect sweetheart neckline strapless dress.

Like the yellow part of Drew Barrymore's awesome dress.
or, this Michael Kors dress. I like the cheetah print lace.
That will be my goal for the weekend- we'll see how it goes!

Wish me luck!

P.S. I have done this before- see here (copy of a designer dress) and here (marie antoinette halloween costume)

2 comments:

  1. Well it looks like the juicer works just fine! The dress turned out to be beautiful, the change in the fabric makes it look dressier than a sundress. I can't wait to see it on you!Good luck with the pattern making, you've done it before so it will be easier the second time. I have a box ready to send you and I decided to send you all three of my 'Threads' magazines each one has some good features and I know you'll be interested. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I love this new sundress! I bet it looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!