Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

My week off is winding down...

Here's how my dress is progressing:

All it needs now is a zipper and a hem...

I bought this interfacing at Jo-Ann. I have given up on thinking I will buy hair canvas; it is too expensive and I don't like buying fabric online. Fabric is tactile, the internet is not. This is designed to be a lightweight iron-on interfacing for light tailoring, which I think matches the needs of my cape. See the cape inspiration here: http://mollysews.blogspot.com/2009/12/in-progress-cape.html

Here is the cape pattern: I started this over a year ago, if I remember correctly, I am making the blue/beige version.

I bought this fabric to make a new version of this Advance pattern: see the original here!

The print is very large, and that seems like what I am liking lately. It's not terribly summery, but I like it!
Anyways, now I have to start writing lesson plans and making up activities for this next week- we are reviewing for the big LEAP test in a week. I bought a big tub of candy and am making up team games to review. Hopefully, the week will be fun, and they will all do well on the tests!

5 comments:

  1. The blue dress is really beautiful, it just goes to show how different a pattern can look with a change in fabric. What are you going to make out of the black and white rose print? It is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric on the blue dress - gorgeous. And the pattern is such a flattering style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the Cape! I must admit to having a soft spot for them too. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the cape pattern! Am having a cape moment at the moment - have just bought a vintage one off Ebay and am awaiting it's arrival!

    Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!