I had about half a yard of fabric left from my latest dress, so I decided to try to make one of my vintage patterns, this one for a halter top. The whole thing is not quite unwearable, but it is far from being a masterpiece of sewing.
I hemmed the bottom seam on the machine which made it very stiff.
It is very fitted- to almost corset-like proportions, yet the bust only fits with a strapless bra. Sadly, that's more me than the pattern's fault.
The strap ended up slightly uneven, so the center back seam twists to my left. I noticed this after I cut the extra fabric off, of course.
The zipper is mediocre. If I worked at a factory, it would be docked from my paycheck. :(
Oh well. One less piece of fabric laying around and one slightly wearable top.