Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Garage Sale Loot


I bought all this yesterday at estate sales, but it all needed a wash due to the old house stink.

These curtains were still in their unopened packaging.
I bought these several years ago, but if we're forcing Andrew to hang curtain rods, why not do both?
This dress is cute, it has a slightly western yoke on the front, which the busy print hides. I'm going to shorten the sleeves and hem the skirt to knee length.

This one is very 1940s meets 80s, in my mind. It needs to be hemmed.
I love National Geographics, both to read and to use for World History. I got all of 1968 except November. Now I have well over 100 for my classroom. Plus, one Nancy Drew book, which I loved as a kid. I read every single one. I had my mom's collection, and if it wasn't there I got it from the library, and if the library didn't have it, I got it on an inter-library loan. It was the same for L.M. Montgomery a few years later.
All told, I spent 7.50 and walked away happy!

PS I also added all my marks to my muslin today, so I'm one step closer.

5 comments:

  1. NO WAY--those are the same curtains we had in our kitchen when I was growing up! What a blast from the past! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the curtains, very Pennsylvania Dutch design! The dresses are cute, of course I want to see them on you! Do you remember when your Dad would read Nancy Drew novels to you and change the wording and you ordered him to 'read right' LOL if you don't remember we do, (you wanted those books read to you before you were even in kindergarten) it was very funny. You had the stories memorized and you knew that Nancy, George and Bess never went to McDonalds for their luncheom...soooo fun and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good haul from the estate sale! We went this weekend to a flea and it was aweful. Full of cheap crap and hardly anything vintage--I hate that. But my trip to the Salvation Army, Goodwill and local antique store was much better :) You never know where you will find your bargains at :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome haul! i cant wait to see the dresses being modeled after the alterations you are going to do to them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!