Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Knit Renfrew for spring!

Last week I wanted an easy project to follow on the heels of an epic fail, which I will post later in the week. I decided I would make a Renfrew with some of the knit fabric I received from Alicia last month. So here is my pattern, I made the cowl neck but with short sleeves. 
At first when I wore it I wasn't happy with it hardly at all. Now, looking at the pictures, I like it more. For some reason I made a zero instead of a 2. The sleeves are a little too tight. For future reference...


Close-up of the neck, which is nice. 

I think I could use a little more ease in the bust, so that back wouldn't pull like that. Again, should have made a 2.
I used a knit needle and that's about it, since my machine does not do anything other than straight stitch. Finishing with the bands solves the problem of horribly home-made looking hems. I had Andrew take pictures and as we went outside he was confused as to what I had made. So I think it looks store bought. its certainly not worse than anything from Forever 21!

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It looks good from here! Do you think you'll wear it out even though you think it's a little tight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks really good! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!