Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Vogue Coat- Actual Progress?!?

Here is a post where I lamented my lack of progress on my vintage Vogue 775. It chronicles the years that have passed since I bought that beautiful pattern at an estate sale in Oregon. The wool came from Mood in New York later and I managed to do a muslin and cut and underline all of the pieces before we moved to Chicago, ahem, two and a half years ago. 

Finally, a week or so before Thanksgiving, I finally started sewing the coat together. Having made a muslin, it came together quickly and easily. 
 Sorry for the mediocre phone pictures, but I was just taking them to show my mom my progress. I have the shell completed, but I am currently debating the addition of the cuffs and the double collar. I think they may look a tad costumey. That will be for a later post.
 It has that cool button detail where the buttons make an inverted V, but I still need to find 15 buttons to do that. I saw these as Jo-Ann and I might consider them. They are made to look like vintage brass buttons and are metal. I think they would maybe look nice with the blue.
Hopefully I will find some buttons and a lining that I like and maybe finish this coat THIS WINTER!
 Whoo hoo!

3 comments:

  1. That is going to be one beautiful coat when you finish...I like the buttons you found at Joann's they would look great with the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about this coat the other day, when I dedicated a post to you: http://vintageorbust.blogspot.com/2013/11/my-very-own-mollys-ews.html
    I hope you finish it someday, it is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I saw that but I was on my phone and it makes it such a pain to comment. So funny, you very own Ew!

      Delete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!